Want to change web creation software...

User 277338 Photo

13 posts

Advice needed.

This is what I have:
Website Software: Serif WebPlus 10
Website Location: www.franontheedge.com
Web Creation Software Available: CoffeeCup Bundle Free with LunarPages

My question is: what is the correct software to use for someone used to menu driven website creation software - if, like me, you want to change to a CoffeeCup set of software?

So I need to know:
a) which bit of the software is for creating and updating the websites.
b) which one can download a current website,
c) which one can upload an updated website

and possibly...
d) what the rest of the software does.

and finally

e) are there updates to the software? Or do you have to pay for that?

There are other things I'd like to do, like get a web counter thingie, become an affiliate for a couple of places, and (best idea) earn enough from my website to pay for running it... but a) to e) come first.

So any help people feel able to give me will be much appreciated.

Fran
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

Having seen just a little of your current website programme, it's not quite easy to point to one CC programme that does exactly the same.

It sounds like you don't work in html, so the nearest would be Visual Site Designer (VSD). But you won't be able to import a site created in another programme. It would mean starting from scratch, but with VSD you can upload the finished product. It's also easy to work with.

If you want to be able to open the current site, you first need to download it using either the CC Free FTP which is - as the name says - free. Or a more sophisticated FTP client would be the Direct FTP which costs a small amount.

When you have your site downloaded, you can open it using the HTML Editor. With that programme you work in html, and you can make any change you want. Uploading can be done either with the built-in FTP client, or with the Direct FTP.

There are updates for the progs, they are issued now and then, not in fixed intervals. VSD has just had some overhaul and has appeared in a new version. All updates are free.

You can read about the various progs and find out what they do. Just follow the links to the different progs at the bottom of this page.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.