The "Find Feature" is not working...

User 2060431 Photo

7 posts

Hello All,

I am having some difficulties with the Find Feature in HTML Editor, build 305.

The Find feature finds text strings/words/html text without problems. It locates any word that I am looking for. The problem comes when I manually try to make corrections to the words instead of using the Replace feature. For example, I am looking for the word "_blank", which occurs 10 times in my document. I need to manually go in and replace each occurance of the word "_blank" with a increasing number, such as "_blank1" "_blank2" _blank3 _blank4" etc.

I will go ahead and make the correction to the first "_blank" and change it to "_blank1". Now when I go to push the F3 key to move onto the next occurance of the word _blank (because I need to make the next word _blank2" the program will not allow me to. It just makes a noise and wont move onto the next occurance of the word. I have to repeat this process if I am to find every occurance of the word. I use the HTML validator to show me multiple occurances like this, which shows me these errors/words line by line, but it would be much better if I could do it from inside the Coffeecup HTML editor. Can someone help me, please?

Thank you!

Do your absolute best. No exceptions.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Nikki - I am suspecting that it has to do with you 're-naming' it to another "_blank..." and that is confusing things. Could you 'maybe' try renaming it something different?
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2060431 Photo

7 posts

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the post. I followed your advice but it did not work out the way I had hoped. But you still helped me. What I was doing was looking for the Find feature to do the work of the Replace feature. I tried using Find to find every occurance of my word and change it. After I changed it to what I wanted, I pushed F3 to do the same to the next word but it did not work. Now I know why - it was meant to find the word, and not to change/replace it - which makes sence, since it is a find feature!

I went under the "Replace" feature and manually found every occurance of the word I was looking for, and instead of having HTML editor "Replace All", I had it replace one occurance of the word at a time, which allowed me to manually go in and change the word to what I wanted it to be.

So thank you for helping me out, and thank you for posting!

Nikki
Do your absolute best. No exceptions.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Nikki - Glad to hear I was of some help :D Didn't get too much else accomplished today, so that makes me feel a bit better before cashing it in tonight.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.