Table background colour using Visual...

User 169332 Photo

53 posts

I have an existing table and want to have different background colours for different parts of it. Is there a way of doing this in Visual Editor?
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

gw wrote:
I have an existing table and want to have different background colours for different parts of it. Is there a way of doing this in Visual Editor?

OK In Visual Editor, open your page withthe table, click in a cell, now down the bottom of the screen, you will see buttons that say BG Color NO BG Color etc, click on BG Color, choose your color from the pallette that appears, and now do this for the cells that you want to colour, have different colours for each cell.

If you want to put a colour in the entire table all at once, kust click the outside of the table, you will see it highlited, now click BG Color and choose desired colour for the whole lot.

Hope that helps.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 169332 Photo

53 posts

Thanks Mark - so the point I am not getting is clicking in a cell and the buttons appearing at the bottom of the screen.

It does with the whole table selected.

What am I missing. Double clicking doesnt do it either.
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

gw wrote:
Thanks Mark - so the point I am not getting is clicking in a cell and the buttons appearing at the bottom of the screen.

It does with the whole table selected.

What am I missing. Double clicking doesnt do it either.

Oh, that is a pain in the bum aint it!

As far as I am aware, this should always come up by default. I have found no way to turn it off, so I am not sure why it does not appear when you click in a cell. What makes it very strange is the fact that it comes up when you click the whole table.

It may well be worth reinsatlling the programme, just to see if that does it. I have to admit, this is a new one on me.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 169332 Photo

53 posts

It is a bummer as you say - interestingly it does come up in the bottom table but only in the bottom cell of this 2 column table ........... but then goes away when I click in any other. That can't be right can it? Reinstall - I will try that unless anyone else has any good ideas.
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

gw wrote:
It is a bummer as you say - interestingly it does come up in the bottom table but only in the bottom cell of this 2 column table ........... but then goes away when I click in any other. That can't be right can it? Reinstall - I will try that unless anyone else has any good ideas.

Do you have anything actually in the cells? You know images or lines etc? It is just that when I tried to do the cells with stuff in, the bottom buttons with BG Colour etc didn't showup, only when the cells where empty.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 169332 Photo

53 posts

The one cell that I can get the fill boxes up is empt. But tgere are other empty one where I cant. I tried deleting the text in the cell I want to fill a different colour and that doesnt help.
I added another table after the current one and that works on all the cells. Its just I want to retrofit the fill based on the info in it.
By the way how can you extend the depth of a table after you have created it in Viusal Editor?
User 1681582 Photo

5 posts

Running HTML Editor "Build 305":
Just trying to set up a simple table.
I'm having the same problem. Clicking on one of my three rows will bring up the background color menu at the bottom of the screen, but clicking on any other cell/row does not.
This is basic formatting, and should be intuitive. It is not intuitive.
Unhappy New Owner
Tom Brown
User 1681582 Photo

5 posts

Also should say: I printed out and followed "How to Create and Add Tables" from your site, followed word for word, including "background and border color", but cells I had colored in the Insert New Table Window and Table Designer Window did not appear when I clicked OK.
Tom
User 1681582 Photo

5 posts

Aaah...you have to select "cell" in the table design popup. Then the colors remain as set.
Hope this helps,
Tom

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.