Sync local images to server- HOW? -...

User 2031285 Photo

1 post

We are building a page locally, inserting images etc.
In preview, the image shows up.
But when we push the page up to server, the image does not appear. (I am having to separately FTP the image to my Image file.) The file structure is the same locally and on the server.

How can this process be done automatically?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Will,

You should be able to set the HTML Editor (in the preferences or in the project setup itself) so that it will automatically look for dependencies and upload them. Check around in the settings a bit and see if you can find it and I will too. If I find it I'll post and if you find it you post and between us we should find it, I'm pretty sure it can be done.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok I guess it was pretty easy to find after all lol.

Top Menu go to 'My Websites > Website Project Settings'
On that window you'll see some radio buttons at the bottom where you can make the choice on how you want the program to handle dependencies.

Hope that helps :)
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

I always put my images into the same folder as the other images in the project so they all upload together.

You can find your images folder at: My Documents/CoffeeCup Software/HTML Editor/Projects and then whatever folder you have for that project. There will be an Images folder within that.

Same with anything else I add...I always make sure the files are altogether.

If you add them there now, just check that your image urls are correct and point to your images folder. Better to add all your files to your project folder first before adding them to your code. That way they have all the right pathways.

If you add them with HTML Editor open you may need to close it and re-open it to see them there, but if you add them with it closed they will be there when you open...if that makes sense.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

I do the same thing as tassie, that way I know all my files are being uploaded to the right places.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Eric English wrote:
I do the same thing as tassie, that way I know all my files are being uploaded to the right places.

And its also safer in case you decide to spring clean and move the location of the original folder. If they are in your images folder of your project they are safe :)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.