Site Mapper questions - Post ID 95733

User 120573 Photo

7 posts

I have only the Site Mapper which is included with the CoffeeCup HTML Editor, so I can only spider my files locally. When I get the output file from Site Mapper, instead of an expected XML, my results include a file with a CSM extension. This is the first time I have tried the Site Mapper. Can I create an XML file from the CSM by renaming it, or...?

Also, does my sitemap file actually need to be called "sitemap.html" or can it have another name?

Thank you!
User 473247 Photo

Senior Software Developer
19 posts

Trilby wrote:
I have only the Site Mapper which is included with the CoffeeCup HTML Editor, so I can only spider my files locally. When I get the output file from Site Mapper, instead of an expected XML, my results include a file with a CSM extension. This is the first time I have tried the Site Mapper. Can I create an XML file from the CSM by renaming it, or...?

Also, does my sitemap file actually need to be called "sitemap.html" or can it have another name?

Thank you!

The CSM file is for storing the settings for the profile, it's not a sitemap or XML file.

The editor version only creates HTML files. You can name it anything you want when you save it.
Mike Dixon - Senior Software Developer
CoffeeCup Software
User 82242 Photo

5 posts

Is it possible to create "folders" on the sitemap generated by Site mapper.

It's only so that I can organise the results to make the page more navigatable for the site visitors.

Also is there away to customise the output (fonts or maybe a different style sheet for example) ?
User 147570 Photo

24 posts

is a site mapper no longer on current HTML editor?
I thought it was under document?:/
justin Gobel
User 147570 Photo

24 posts

:rolleyes: Silly me, I realize it is called Google Mapper, and i read the postest in oldest first
justin Gobel

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.