Search & Replace is rediculously...

User 1935123 Photo

1 post

Why is Search & Replace (Replace All) so slow in the CoffeeCup HTML Editor (Code Editor Tab). When I run S&R on a page with more than 1000 lines, the operation slows to a crawl and can seem frozen if the page is more than 2000 lines. There is no excuse for this, when Windows Notepad can perform the identical operation in half a second. There seems to be no clean way to beak out of a Search & Replace operation that is going on way too long. The Stop button doesn't work for this, or anything else that I've seen. Is there a way around this without using another application?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi James

I have some good news for you. This issue has been corrected in our latest version of the editor. Please take a moment and read over http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/html-ed … ml-editor/ to see all of the other great things that are included with this release.

At the bottom of the thread, there is a link to download a prerelease version of the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.