Request ! A tag inspector in HTML...

User 590654 Photo

4 posts

Hi! Just downloaded HTML Editor an it looks promising. I'm using ACEhtml but i think they stopped developing it. (Last update 2006) :( So now i'm looking at other editors. One feature that i use a lot in ACEhtml is the code explorer. Such an excellent tool :D. It list all my anchors, links, images, selectors in the code an when I for example have <div id="topnav"> selector it shows in the code explorer and when I click it it takes me immediately to that selector in the document and I don't have to scroll up and down to find it.

/Mike
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

I agree, it would be nice to have such a feature. I'll forward it to the developers.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

I use CC HTML editor but at one point tried another editor called WeBuilder from Blumentals. It has a code explorer/inspector thing, so you could check that out.

Dave.
User 590654 Photo

4 posts

Hi! Thanks for your answer! Another feature is ability to browse the active documents directory. It takes immediatley back to your working directory :) !
/Mike
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

Mikael, you have that already, in the 'Files' tab. And you can specify your 'Working' folder under Tools - Preferences - Directories.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 590654 Photo

4 posts

Ok! Thats Great:) just discover it. A small question. How do you get hold of all the closing divs. </div> When the document grows i always get lost and have to count them. Is the a smart way to deal with this. Is timeconsuming... at least for me.:|
P.S Thank for good support!!!!
/Mikke

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.