Project Manager?? - Post ID 88327

User 419515 Photo

6 posts

Hi Guys.

Hope everyone is ok.

Can someone tell me if there is a Project Manager facility within the HTML Editor?

What I am looking for is a facility that I can tell the system which files are grouped into a specific project as defined by me at an earlier date, so that when I open the program, I can just hit an Open Project Button and then select the project name that I am working on and it automatically loads all the files that I need for that project.

I am only working on one site but I have some template files and example HTML source code files tht help me in the day to day creation of new pages in the site. I would like to be able to open the actual site files but not the other bits and pieces that I use occasionally and it just is a pain in the rear to have to manually select which ones I want to open!

I have used other programs in the past that have this facility and if it not already available in Coffee Cup, then I would liketo suggest it to the dvelopers for a future update!

Thanks all!

Phil
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Phil,

The Coffeecup HTML Editor 2008 has a project function. I use that to keep the various sites I am working with separated. I can click on one project, and see just the files associated with that site, and when I want to work on a different site, just click on that project.

If you set your preferences correctly, you can have the HTML Editor 2008 open with the files that were open in the previous session. This is great for having your "in progress" files open when the program opens.
User 235919 Photo

7 posts

o
User 235919 Photo

7 posts

I am having problems with Project manager - It doesn't "see" the files and folders there. I have manually uploaded to the directory as well.

Furthermore, if I insert an image - it asks the familiar question "Would you like to
upload this file to the working directory?" and I answer, yes - but do not see it in the projects window. When I use explorer however, they are there in the projects directory.

I also uploaded manually to the PD, but cannot see all the directories and files I have uploaded to that directory. What gives?
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Using the Project manager seems to be more like VSD where there's an indexing of what's being officially added to the project. I believe it's because it's referring to what's listed in the projects .CPF file rather than looking at what files are currently in the project's folder. If you right-click in the Project's window on the left, you can Add Files or Add Folder to Project, which looks like the way to go.

I do believe I see the same thing when adding an image, however. I just added a .png file and it asked to add to my working folder, which I did. It previews fine and it's indeed located in my working folder when viewing in Windows Explorer, but it is not listed in the files in the Project manager. I saved the project and closed/reopened HTML Editor just to see if it needed to be refreshed. I'll pass this thread on to the CC crew to ensure it won't go overlooked.
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

Hello Everyone,

The Projects function is being completely re-vamped in the next version of the HTML Editor. It's getting merged with the Files tab, so everything will be done inside a project now. We've also made it easier to work with files on the server, by showing a local and remote listing in the Project section, and it will upload dependent files automatically. We understand how important projects are, and how much easier they can make designing websites, so we're doing our best to improve this functionality. Keep an eye out for the release notice in the newsletter.
User 267756 Photo

11 posts

Cesar,
does this mean that the Projects problem as outlined above is not able to be worked around at this time and is essentially a bug that you are going to fix later? I am trying to use this feature for the first time, so what do you recommend that the novice do? Wait on using this feature of the HTML editor until the new version comes out?
Thanks,
Budkey
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Budkey,

Wait for the next version. I don't think the wait will be very long.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.