Problem with W3C Validation - Post ID...

User 124389 Photo

16 posts

One more question: Are you using a 32bit PC? The only change I can think of is that this all worked on my prior PC which was 32bit and I am now on a 64bit PC. Thanks, and I did submit to support, as suggested.
david
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

I'm using Win 7, 32 bit.

EDIT: Are you using the latest version of the editor, i.e. 12.8 Build 691, and is that the same version you used before when the validation worked OK?
User 124389 Photo

16 posts

Per wrote:
I'm using Win 7, 32 bit.

EDIT: Are you using the latest version of the editor, i.e. 12.8 Build 691, and is that the same version you used before when the validation worked OK?

Yes, no other changes. I'm also using Win 7. I thought of that as I wrote the post to support forum. 64bit seems the only change, and the W3C error does indicate that it's the upload process that sends the wrong message; the validator never even looks at the content of the file. Just a guess, but this seems a key ingredient of the problem. Thanks for helping me work through it.
User 124389 Photo

16 posts

Just a final note.... In support forum, I was in contact with Scott Swedorski and the HTML works fine with his Win 7/64bit. The problem seems to be that my Norton Antivirus may be blocking the upload. When I use the W3C upload page all works fine. Turning Norton completely off isn't easy so for now I will use the available validation tools manually. Life goes on....
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Thank you for updating us here, David!
It is likely to be helpful for others who may encounter similar problems in the future. ;)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya David,

Have you tried adding the HTML Editor to your allowed list of programs in Norton Antivirus? Not sure how hard that is since I don't use that bloatware myself, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to add that to the allowed list and see if that works or not.
User 3158874 Photo

1 post

Good evening kindly and please is there anyone who can suggest me how to fix this error ; html as text/plain, prompts user to "save as..."
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

I don't quite understand the problem. If you have an open HTML document in the Editor and want to save it as a text file, click on 'Save', and then select the file type 'All files'. Type your desired file name with the extension .txt.

If you select 'Save as', you get the same saving options. So it makes no difference which way you go.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.