Pausing for long periods when using...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya guys,

I'm hoping someone might have a clue what might be causing this issue. I just formatted a couple weeks ago so don't tell me to do it again! LOL *Glares at Scott* :P

I will try reinstalling later if there's no obvious answer before hand. What it's doing is every time I use the Preview window to see my changes it makes me wait every single time around 20 secs or so before I can do anything. I can't even change back to code tab, it's locked up in a wait cycle waiting for the temp file to load for the preview according to the message at the bottom. It's not crashing or doing anything strange like that, just locking up temp. for 20 secs give or take a few and then lets go and lets me continue.

Very annoying since I never had this in all the years I've used it so I'm hoping that it's something simple or that a reinstall will fix it.

Windows XP fully updated
Graphics card fully updated
All flash and java etc. plugins installed for puter and browsers

I can't think of anything else that would affect it so if you can please let me know, thanks. here's a screenshot of the message it's giving me at the bottom of the window:

http://wolverana.com/myimages/htmleditorpreviewpause.JPG
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

*UPDATE*

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix it :(
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi JoAnn,
not that I know the answer to this problem but wouldn't it be best if it didn't have to go thru all those folders?
I am just curious if that matters :)

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Dunno really, half of them are created by windows with the docs & settings thing, the other half is my organization of my sites for various things since I use CMS and HTML systems I keep them separate etc. So yeah I guess the folders are necessary as they are, but...

This is exactly the same setup I had before the format and never had any trouble with it before. Same folders, same project areas etc. so I'm going to "assume" it's not the problem here. Was a good suggestion to think of though thanks :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

*Update*
It seems to be something in my index.html rather than the program. I just tried some other pages (I had only been working with my index.html so it hadn't occurred to me that it wasn't the program, but the page lol). Sooo I'm working on tracking it down now, thanks for trying Bruzer, I'll isolate bits and pieces till I track down which section is causing it :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

*Update Problem Found*

Seems it was the "Add This" script I had at the bottom of the page on my index.html (hence why it didn't happen on the other pages since that was the only one that had that script).

I've removed it and all is good now :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.