Missing gridlines in HTML Editor -...

User 212117 Photo

10 posts

Hi all

I recently reported a problem with missing visible gridlines (and the consequent inability to select certain tables), which occurred after I installed the Editor on a new PC. Cesar in Support has advised that other users are encountering the same issue, and it is a problem with the software.

Unfortunately, it seems it will only be rectified when the next version is released, which is too long for me to wait (and, I have to say, an unsatisfactory outcome to my problem).

My question is - can anyone recommend another WYSIWYG HTML editor package? I use mine exclusively to create HTML emails, so it absolutely has to be geared up for creating pages using tables, font tags etc (ie absolutely no CSS).

Thanks in advance

George
User 212117 Photo

10 posts

Can anyone help please?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

George,

I know of nothing that I can recommend. I suspect that most of the folks here like and use CoffeeCup editors.

Have you tried Google?

User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

George Drever wrote:
My question is - can anyone recommend another WYSIWYG HTML editor package? I use mine exclusively to create HTML emails, so it absolutely has to be geared up for creating pages using tables, font tags etc (ie absolutely no CSS).

I don't know which current wysiwyg editors will meet this requirement. It seems to be a trend with emails to move toward inline styling with CSS. Have you tried either MS' free Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition or Kompozer? I also don't know if either of them have grid lines.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,462 posts
Online Now

CoffeeCup Visual Site designer has grids.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

But it's also using CSS, which he wants to avoid.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,462 posts
Online Now

Oops... Sorry!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.