Invaldi pointer operation in HTML...

User 452997 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

I've searched the help files & forums and the last post I saw regarding this issue was in October with no real solution suggested.
I just upgraded HTML Editor 2007 to 2008 yesterday and am not able to use the thing at all.

When I open CoffeeCup, accepting the default 'new page' and then pin the code snippets box open; the DHTML, Javascript and Snippets menus all show "Loading" when I expand them (this doesn't occur everytime but, whenever they do load, there are doubles of each script listed) and then, when I unpin it an Invalid pointer operation error appears multiple times (this does occur everytime) followed by an

Access Violation error at address 00402380 in module 'coffee.exe'. Write address 00000000.

I then click OK and then a number of new Invalid pointer operation errors occur.
I finally have to end the Coffee.exe task with Task Manager.

Is there any new info on this problem?

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon 64 processor @2200 Mhz - 1 Gig RAM
American Megatrends BIOS
No website
No other computer to try it on .....
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I think the problem here maybe with the 64-bit processor. We only support 32-bit platforms. Try running the software with 32-bit compatibility and see if that helps.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 452997 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

Thanks for the reply Scott however, I'm not sure that it applies.
I do indeed have a 64 bit processor but am running a 32 bit OS.
Evidence? I've been running HTML Editor 2007 on it for a year, error free.

My symptoms are very similar to those in this post, if it helps:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/our-des … 008-crash/

As far as I could read there was no resolution to his problem either.

Thanks for your attempt
User 452997 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

So ... that's it?
No one else has any ideas?
Can I offer any further information to assist?
User 505577 Photo

1 post

Hello, same problem for me with 2008 invalid pointer and access violation, what is the fix? end up shutting off the machine to terminate coffee cup and it sounds like not just my machine so the problem must lie with the creator
User 510658 Photo

11 posts

I have the same problem. I get hundreds of error dialog boxes. I eventually have to end process in Task Manager.
I have no signature
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Have you tried downloading the prerelease of the new version to see if that helps? You can find more information on this over at http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/html-ed … ml-editor/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.