interface for inserting links is...

User 1954531 Photo

4 posts

I'm doing simple, simple web page construction with CoffeeCup HTML Editor. To insert a hyperlink, I press control-L and get the link dialog box. As soon as I type "h" in the link URL box, it autocompletes with one of the long URLs I previously pasted in. But because the box is short, I can't see what the whole URL is or point to the beginning or some other useful place in it. And I can't get rid of the autocomplete without making the whole dialog box disappear. So either I have to manual backspace out the autocomplete, or type for awhile without being able to see what I'm typing.

Very frustrating.:(

Is there any easier way to do the simple, basic, key HTML editing task?

I'm using HTML Editor Build 302.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Douglas, I would suggest you start by upgrading to the latest version. It may not help your specific issue, but it will not hurt and may solve other issues.

If your specific case, I suggest you post a suggestion in the http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/html-ed … ml-editor/ message thread.
User 1954531 Photo

4 posts

Thanks for the suggestion. But I don't feel like shelling out $49 for software that hasn't been working well for me. Can I get a free upgrade?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

If you are running a registered program from CoffeeCup, you have free upgrades on that program for life.:D
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 1954531 Photo

4 posts

Nice. I found the update in the "Home » Support Center » Orders & Downloads » Software " section.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Douglas Galbi wrote:
Nice. I found the update in the "Home » Support Center » Orders & Downloads » Software " section.

If you remember, that is the same location where you downloaded the software when you originally made the purchase ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.