inserted paypal button with editor,...

User 447582 Photo

13 posts

can anyone tell me why i've got these little boxes on my page after putting in a paypal button?
thankyou in advance!!

www.castleandcottagesigns.com/maison.html
User 447582 Photo

13 posts

since i posted this question yesterday i've been trying to figure this out. not fun.
i've tried putting the form code into a table, in a text box, moving it on the page...nothing gets rid of the string of little squares going across the page. should i assume noone knows the answer??
User 78330 Photo

198 posts

Please give people more time to answer your questions. Not everyone on here lives in America.

Quick glance at your source code shows quite a lot of un-needed errant code:

<div></div>Â Â </font></font></font>

That is on line 77 and it's the divs that's giving you the strange characters all over the page. You also have a load of redundant code on lines 21 to 28 too. Font tags with no content and so many line breaks that serve no purpose.

Try placing content using either Z index or transparent gifs and strip all other useless code out. Look for a lack of opening or closing tags and delete them. Preview the page everytime you take a line out to see what changes are made.

Doing that is also a good exercise in seeing how HTML works.
User 447582 Photo

13 posts

thanks & sorry for seeming impatient.
i got all that errant code from trying to move the button around on the page...didn't realize it was causing the string of little boxes...forever learning here!

i didn't get rid of all of it till i ran a "code cleanup" (just found that little tool!)

i had it 'fix bad comment tags'
that seemed to do the trick.
thanks again :)
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

One item you might want to keep in your bag of html tools is Firefox and an addon called Html Validator. This tool will give you a list of errors and most of the time it will make suggestions on how to fix things.

Another option is to visit the W3C validation page and get a list of errors for your code. http://validator.w3.org/ You can enter the link to the page you want to check, upload a file, or have the site check the file on your computer.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.