Image Mapper Question (Code vs....

User 491719 Photo

Trial User
6 posts

Hello,

I downloaded the trial of CoffeeCup HTML Editor and would like to buy it except for one frustrating thing that i can't figure out...

When i create an image map and insert it into the editor, it automatically places it in the Visual Editor which is fine. When i preview it, it works like a charm and i love it!

However, if at any point later on i switch back to the Code Editor, it messes up the image map. The image no longer shows when i go back to Visual Editor. If i try to re-insert the image in the same place by updating the file location, it shows, but then the map coordinates do not work when previewed.

What am i missing? What do i need to do to ensure that nothing changes in an image map when i switch back and forth between Code and Visual modes?

Thanks,
Jon Zaremba
User 415948 Photo

8 posts

You have a choice, either use the Visual Editor or the html editor, I found you cannot go back and forth. It changes your code and doctype.
Joel Storchan
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

If you're looking to do Visual editing of a site, I think you probably should have opted to use the Visual Site Designer instead of the HTML Editor. As Joel said already, you aren't able to use both ways of editing with the HTML Editor, you need to choose one and stick with it. It's not really the best editor for visual editing so you might want to check out VSD and see if that fits your needs better.

If however you are able to do code and just want to see what it's looking like while you edit, the HTML Editor does have a preview window you can use to look at it, and you can hit F12 to have a split screen with the preview window also, just can't edit on it, but it helps.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.