Icons weirding out - Post ID 98648

User 130752 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Hi,

I customized some icons for our basketball website. The page looks great on my computer display, but the icons are all over the place when I look at the site on another computer. What am I doing wrong?

www.uavboa.com

Thanks
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

are you using the HTML part of the editor or the Visual part of the editor?

Screen shot of what it "should" look like vs. what it ends up like would be helpful also (unless that's what your link is that is, then I can already see it is messed up alignment).
User 130752 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Using the Visual

Here's what it should look like

http://i33.tinypic.com/1113xcn.jpg

Thanks
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I had a feeling it was the Visual pane of the editor you were using. I wish I could tell you how to fix this issue too, but I also noticed that placement of graphics in the visual part of the CCHE is really off kilter by quite a bit, so I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and coded it myself. The only thing I can suggest, providing you need to use the Visual editor and are unable to do the HTML yourself, is that you place them around on your page till you get it to output correctly on the site page. If you're able to do the HTML yourself I would suggest you do that instead.

Do keep in mind you need to choose between the 2 types of editors and are not able to swap back and forth as they both use different coding systems and everytime you swap between them it changes the code and can get pretty messy and frustrating, so choose one and stay with that one only.

Maybe someone else will have a different way to fix this issue that I'm unaware of as I don't use that visual part due to the same issues you have on it.
User 130752 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Thanks for the response and the coding!!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts
Online Now

Don, My guess is that you have a 1280 px wide monitor. If I set mine to that, the graphics are in place, but all other monitor dimensions let them come out of alignment to one side or the other.

I never use the Visual mode of the Editor, so I can't instruct you how correct it there, but If you were using the code mode, you could centre the table and also centre the icons in the table cells. - Or write som css.

If you insist on using a visual Editor, CC Visual Site Designer would be better. With that prog you have more control than in the Visual mode of the html Editor.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

If you half-minimise your browser window, that is, not minimised but not maximised, and grab the edge of the window with your mouse and resize it, (enlarge and make smaller), the images will realign themselves because you have used a non-fixed method of placing them. As suggested you would need to set your layout in tables or use CSS to fix everything in position so it shows the same in all browsers in all screen resolutions. Welcome to the weird, weird world of browser rendering!

Also as suggested the visual side of the editor was included to satisfy some customers who were asking for a WYSIWYG component for the editor; the problem being that this, while usable, is not that well implemented and causes all sorts of problems. If you aren't able to code, then a dedicated WYSIWYG editor would probably be a better solution for you.

Dave.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.