I have no idea where to begin - Post...

User 1876590 Photo

1 post

Feel like an old dummy. I used CoffeeCup HTML editor 10 years ago to build a small website. Now my daughter wants to start a website for the family and i have no idea where to start. I must have had some templates that i started with or something. Need a main page that link to 8 pages for my children and a couple for mama and i.

David
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

David,

Sorry about your not getting an answer sooner.

The current HTML Editor has templates that you can use to create your site.

This forum is a good place to get help with creating a new website.

If you used the HTML Editor, you know you can do most anything with a good HTML Editor. Of course, we can't read minds, so ask questions and someone will try to answer.
User 1892988 Photo

151 posts

A very long time ago (when I had hairs on my head) a wise guy told me that developing software / web sites have to start with the "Disney World Approach".

At the entrance you get a brochure with a welcome word and a lay-out (menu) of all the events (Home Page).

While browsing the brochure you see some pics and some info about those events (Web pages).

If I'm interested in the history and / or meaning of Disney World (About Page) I suppose find this in my brochure too.

In case I feel the need to leave any kind of comment about any event, I must be able to voice myself (About / Contact page and / or Guest book / Comment form)

But...who am I to write a brochure like that? (Who we are page)

Yes, it sound a bit childish, but the "Disney World Approach" is a good approach. (It have more "punch" if I could explain it in my native language)

Take a pen, a notebook and put some family heads together to discuss those individual pages. What have to be on it, which pictures, which info.
Start with a blue print. It will help you surely while building. CC software is a good place to start.

I hope this helps.
HTML Editor, Visual Site Designer, Web Form Builder, Picture Gallery, Fire Starter,
News Reader, Web Access Manager, Password Wizard

asaruba.com
beholdmyvision.com
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Dick,

I like that approach. It is logical and easy to understand.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.