HTML Valiador bugs? - Post ID 108420

User 2011631 Photo

1 post

Hi,

I created a page yesterday and got a lot of errors from the validator even though i deemed most if it was right, then today i just copied and pasted bit by bit of that same page onto another new page and the validator passed it.

i also get messages that tell me the heading codes are incorrect when I paste this;
<h1 align="center">Amazon Kindle DX 9.7 EBook Reader Review</h1>
<h2 align="center"> Amazon Kindle DX 9.7 EBook Reader</h2>

Then when I have pasted this exact piece onto anoterh page and it has been validated correct.

What's going on.

selina
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I'd say the validator is correct and what you assume to be valid html is not. :D

Different doc type perhaps. That determines if a page validates with errors.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I have noticed that many times if there is an error in one spot, you have to find it to fix the errors in the other spot.

A good example would be if you have say missed a <div> or just a > and it doesn't pick that up as the exact problem. It will then list a lot of errors that really aren't errors, but in reality they are errors because that problem before those sections upsets the rest of the code. Fix the problem before it and you'll most likely fix the errors that don't look wrong :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.