HTML Editor Themes - Logo Problem -...

User 344823 Photo

2 posts

It seems the logo for this theme (and many other themes as well) is a background image associated with the <H1> tag. When I try to separate the two and add my own logo, the theme falls apart. Any idea on how to dump the heading tag and simply add my own logo at the top of the page above the ribbon. I'm a bit CSS challenged and can't seem to get the ribbons lined up otherwise and a custom logo above the ribbon. The logo is 400x125 pixels.

Thanks
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Michael,

Look in the CSS file for that theme. You should find the logo image, and then you can change it to what you want.

If you tell us which theme you are using, someone can point you to the correct location in the file.
User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

Michael, what Bill recommends is the way to go.

Open the associated CSS file for your theme (default.css probably) and search the code (in code view) for h1.

It probably looks something like this:

h1 {width:930px; height:37px; padding:20px 15px 15px 15px; margin-bottom:35px; font-size:1.5em; text-transform:uppercase; color:#fff; background:url(../images/header_bg.jpg) left top no-repeat}
h1 a {display:block; padding:5px 0 5px 30px; text-decoration:none; color:#fff; background:url(../images/example_logo.jpg) left 50% no-repeat}

Try changing the images in there with your own, making sure you follow the code syntax and that the images are of similar size to the originals to maintain formatting, (or other size if you want to change the layout to your own).

Dave.
User 344823 Photo

2 posts

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Your obvious solution would work perfectly if I wanted a tiny logo and the text to go along with it. If you try to simply add an image graphic of a different size, the template falls apart. I think the problem is the absolute positioning of the H1 and #Wrapper elements.

My client insist that her logo appear on the page. It would be meaningless if we reduce it to the size of an icon. I think we'll move on to a custom design. I was hoping to save some time.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Michael,

If you tell us which theme you are using, I imagine we can tell you exactly what to do to get the logo you want in the place you want it located.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.