HTML Editor 8 --I`m all grayed out...

User 167700 Photo

8 posts

I have a nice webpage with a big flash item that shows well in the Visual Editor mode but only the flash shows up on the preview window. No addtl text, pics, html or the rest of the page shows up on the preview. I may have a error in the CSS, XHTML, DHTML according to the help page, so any advice would be appreciated. Here is the split in lines on the code- object is highlighted, the next line is grayed out:

</object>
<!-->&lt;![endif]--&gt; </OBJECT></td></tr>

Ralph
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Ralph,

To comment-out a line of code you start with <!-- at the end of the area that you no longer want to be greyed (commented) out, add --> and the remainder of your code will return to normal color.

Try removing the comment start and see if that fixes your problem.
User 167700 Photo

8 posts

Thanks for response Bill, if you don`t mind I still need some help. I got the color back in the code in code editor but in preview I still do not see any of the page outside of the flash object. There is a error message in code editor(see below). I think I may have saved the .swf file in the index page without any other files so that the index page only pulls up the flash object. Can you help out? Thank you

<param name="pluginurl" value="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).
</object>
&lt;![endif]--&gt; </OBJECT></td></tr>
<TR>
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

I don't know anything about flash, so I have no idea if the code is a problem or something else. I do see that you have two </object> tags, and no <object> tags, so there must be some code missing. Have you tried asking the folks at Adobe?
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts
Online Now

Can you post all of your html? Take a look at this page, about halfway through the page, to see how to post code.

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/help.php#bbcode
User 167700 Photo

8 posts

Thank you Bill and Cary for your help. I resolved the problem when I added this line above the comment code:
<!--> <![endif]-->
That resolved the problem for viewing on the preview page and I can continue on to new problems.
Thanks again
Ralph

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.