Html Editor '09 Recents Files Removal...

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi All,
does anyone know how to clear out the recent files in Html Editor '09 build 305
XP-SP3

Thanks

User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

This is a 'hack' which should work for all versions so proceed at your own risk.

Make sure the editor is closed.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings, find your user profile folder, open it and find Application Data, Coffeecup Software, Coffeecup HTML Editor, Settings and open the mru.ini file in notepad. Delete all the entries listed there but leave the stuff at the top (I'd imagine you have to set the count to 0 as well).

I haven't tried this but I think it is the only way to clear this list.

I am going from memory (I use Vista) and the application data folder containing these files may well be the one in the Local Settings folder in XP, which is hidden by default so you may have to show all files to locate it.

Good luck.

Dave.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Thanks for replying Dave.
this method worked in 08 version, but not 09, the mru file shows no entries, nor does the projects, yet they show under the files tab .:)
thanks Dave -thought maybe there was another way.

User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

Well, I just tried this method on both my Vista and XP machines and it works on both. Both are running version 2009. I deleted the paths only, not the count or the line 'header' entries. When the editor was reopened all recent files had been cleared (the dialogue simply showed spaces).

The only reason it wouldn't work there is if you are not looking at/editing the right mru.ini file; is it possible the one you edited was from another installation or perhaps the editor open when you did it?

Dave.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Try locating the file at this location Bruzer:

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup HTML Editor\Settings

If you just delete the mru.ini file, it will clear out the history.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

That did it Scott thank You. :)

User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

That's the same path I mentioned in my first post.

Dave.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Dave,
believe it or not I did the samething you mentioned, and it didn't work, I swear I checked the mru file as you suggested, and it was empty. So I waited as I am finding my comp acting up on me again, when in fact later that day, I went there again and it worked, all the files showed up for some stupid reason. so I cleaned it out as you suggested. Been a weird day yesterday but your suggestion worked thank you and Scott for the help.:)

User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

That does sound weird. At least it is going now!

Just thinking; you could also use a batch file to delete and recreate the file for a one click solution to clearing it but that is probably going a bit overboard.

Dave.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

wierd is right it's doing it again lol, gotta love this piece of &%$# :)

but it still does the job!
thanks Dave

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.