How to vertically align multiple...

User 2123334 Photo

18 posts

I'm trying to create a CSS class that will allow me to place an image next to some lines of text. The image size will vary since different farms have different size logos. I want to have multiple lines of text on the right side of the logo: Farm name, address, phone number, email address.

So far I've been able to get the logo where I want it and using vertical-align:middle; it will center one line of text. As soon as I add a </br> tag for the next line, the remaining lines head down and under the logo.

Appreciate the help.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Use 2 columns and/or 2 containers to hold the items in and apply your CSS to those containers to keep their contents constrained within them. This way you can set them up next to each other and still have them be responsive (if your site is responsive of course).
User 2123334 Photo

18 posts

Thanks Jo, but no, this is not a responsive site.

It's an old one I needed to bring out of VSD to hand off to another sucke....oooops I mean web designer for ongoing maintenance. Just needed to get it out of my hair so I did a bit of hack but it works so I'm done and on to more productive projects.

Next step, bring the farm's website out of VSD and make it responsive. Hopefully I'll have it done before lambing starts in 3 weeks :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ah I see, well I don't and never have used VSD so I can't help much there, but I would suggest you post a link to the site so others can take a look at the code and see if they can help. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.