Help with CSS Menu Designer - Post ID...

User 563328 Photo

85 posts

I've been playing around with the CSS Menu Designer and have a couple of questions.

Under the thread - Upcoming Release of the New CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2010 dated 5 Aug 2009 by Scott, there is an example screen shot for the CSS Menu Designer and on it there are two buttons, Move Up and Move Down however my registered copy of CC doesn't have these two buttons.

How can I add a new root item or subitem and then move them up or down within the menu structure?

Also, I couldn't find an option to have the drop down (pop out) subitems on a vertical navigation to fall directly underneath the particular root item. Is there a way to accomplish this? I only ask because when the subitem pops out it obscures the content of the page, even after adjusting the width. I guess this really isn't all that big of a deal, I just don't care for it.

I'm thinking that if there is no way to get the vertical pop outs to work the way I want I will go with a strictly horizontal format.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I haven't noticed but it appears you can't adjust menu item after they're created. That would be a nice feature to have included in a future release.

Unfortunately, you can't offset the sub-menus from within the program. You would have to hack the files after creation.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 563328 Photo

85 posts

Hmm, Thanks Tom.
User 563328 Photo

85 posts

When I created a vertical navbar the CSS Menu Designer generated the following:

JS folder with 5 files -
hoverIntent.js
jquery.bgiframe.min.js
jquery-1.2.6.min.js
superfish.js
supersubs.js

3 CSS files were placed in my CSS folder -
menu-menu.css
superfish-navbar.css
superfish-veritcal.css

2 PNG files were placed in my Images folder -
arrows.ffffff.png
shadow.png

2 stylesheet links -
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/my-menu-menu.css" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/superfish-vertical.css" media="screen" />

I have my project broken into folders -
index.html
CSS
History
Images
Resources

While in CSS Menu Designer after selecting OK it put all the code into my index.html file just fine. I then tried copying and pasting the ul/li and link code into my next file which was located in the History folder. When I did this and then previewed the page, all of the menu items were expanded and had bullets.

I then tried inserting through Menu Designer and when I did, it created/pasted another JS folder with 5 files, CSS folder with 3 files, and Image folder with 2 files into my History folder.

Is this supposed to happen? I thought the whole point of having CSS/JS/Image folders was to separate content from style and to keep everything in the same location. If this is the case, why then are there two copies of the above mentioned files/folders?

User 563328 Photo

85 posts

I figured it out - I needed to put the ../ in front of the css stylesheet link for the subsequent pages in the folders. :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.