Font problems? - Post ID 72714

User 548038 Photo

12 posts

This might be a system specific issue BUT...

See if you can replicate this problem I'm encountering.

I'm using the HTML editor...

I type up some text using the Century Gothic font.

I'll type " Blah balh and we're having fun fun fun"

I go to "preview" and the apostrophe comes up as a block and the hosted version shows a diamond with a question mark in it.

Any reason for this?

I'm running Vista and was aware Vista without any MS Word type programs didn't have Century Gothic installed, but I have the basic MS Works word processor and have Century Gothinc as a font.

Besides, Century Gothic is a web supported font style...

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
User 548038 Photo

12 posts

OK....think I figured out the problem.

If I use a word processor such as MS Works or MS Word and type up the verbiage in Century Gothic, then copy and paste it into a text box in the HTML editor, the " quotes and ' apostrophes don't transfer in the same font style. I don't know what font they are but they are not Century Gothic.

I think the solution is what ever you use to type up your verbiage, copy it over and use the "font wizard" to adjust the font style.....for some reason their is a mis-communication between word processors to "clipboard" and final pasting into the HTML editor....
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

Some random dude wrote:
I'll type " Blah balh and we're having fun fun fun"

I go to "preview" and the apostrophe comes up as a block and the hosted version shows a diamond with a question mark in it.

Any reason for this?

When this happened were you using the editor's default meta tag which specifies the UTF-8 encoding? If so, this is the likely cause.

Replace

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

with

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

Then see how it works.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.