Editor 2008- Problem when trying to...

User 465126 Photo

40 posts

Im back with another newbie issue. Im working locally on my PC in the default CC working folder (no web host yet). In the working folder I created another folder called "styles" which have my css files. I also created a folder in the Working folder called "qanda". In my "qanda" folder I have a HTML file that I am trying to link to a CSS file called "layoutqanda" in my "styles" folder but to no avail. I check the Document Dependencies function and I see my problem but cannot figure it out. Here's the text from the Document Dependencies (as you can see, I'm having the same issue with my images files):

Document Dependencies for C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Working\qanda\october.html

Background Image
(No Background)

Document Items
(No Background)
C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Working\qanda\styles\layoutqanda.css (File Not Found)
C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Working\qanda\images\giflogo.gif (File Not Found)
C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Working\qanda\images\webname2.jpg (File Not Found)

External Links
C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Working\qanda\about.html
C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Working\qanda\contact.html
C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Working\qanda\privacy.html

This is what my link tags look like in my HTML document:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles/layoutqanda.css" />

Seems like CC, thinks I should have the "styles" folder within the "qanda" folder, but thats not what I want. I want to link to the "styles" folder within the main "Working" folder.
If I dont use folders, everything is fine and dandy, but eventually when I have the site up, it WILL grow and get messy. Thats why I want folders now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.