Coffeecup HTML move FTP upload...

User 50225 Photo

23 posts

I bought a new puter. I moved my working files. Is there a particular file I can copy over and paste so I don't have to redo all the upload FTP settings from within Coffeecup? The Add/Edit Servers feature? I have 20 different sites I upload to and the thought of redoing all of them....

Thanks.
User 41080 Photo

4 posts

I'm having the same question.

HELP!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,455 posts

I don't know exactly which file it is, but as I had to set up my computer from scratch recently, I saved the 'Users' folder to a temporary location and then copied it back after reinstallation of the OS, in order to keep my mails, bookmarks etc. I had fully expected having to enter all the server settings in DFTP, but as soon as I opened the app. after having reinstalled it, the settings were all there!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

Patrick

the settings are stored in the registry and can be retrieved with a bit of jiggery-pokery.

Open the registry editor on your 'old' machine and find the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup HTML Editor\Profiles

In the 'Profiles' key you will find all your projects listed and their ftp settings. If you right-click on the profiles 'folder' and choose Export, a dialogue will pop up asking you where to save the file to. Save to your desktop or somewhere similar and click OK. Find that file, transfer it to your new computer and when on your new machine double-click on it to merge it into the 'new' registry. This should import all your project settings, (make sure the editor is not open when you do this) but bear in mind it 'may' overwrite any project settings you may already have entered.

Good luck.

Dave.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.