Coffeecup HTML editor has stopped...

User 1983644 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Hi, I have just downloaded the latest version 9.2 on 2 separate computers both running windows Vista. Both machines install correctly and run from installation. When closing HTML editor and starting again both fail to load giving me the above error. I have tried re-installing, both start up following installation, but both fail to start once the program is re-run.

User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

I believe the current version is 2009 build 305. When you installed, did you set it for all users?
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

david wilson wrote:
I believe the current version is 2009 build 305. When you installed, did you set it for all users?

David,

The free HTML Editor is version 9.2.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

COLIN wrote:
Hi, I have just downloaded the latest version 9.2 on 2 separate computers both running windows Vista. Both machines install correctly and run from installation. When closing HTML editor and starting again both fail to load giving me the above error. I have tried re-installing, both start up following installation, but both fail to start once the program is re-run.

Colin,

Try right clicking on the icon and selecting run as administrator.
User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

Yep, sounds like a permissions issue. Did you install for all users as an administrator? I run Vista on al my machines and CC has no issues like this on any of them. Try what Bill suggests and see if that helps. It doesn't make much sense to run after install but not again afterwards. A support ticket may be in order as someone must have seen this before.

Dave.
User 1983644 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Thank you very much!, what a silly boy I am! Thanks
again.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.