Code disappears when switching to...

User 166787 Photo

2 posts

I can successfully pull down any webpage and view the code in code editor, but switching to Visual Editor or Preview results in a blank page view. When switching back to code editor...the html code briefly shows then it flashes to html for a new blank page as if I created a new page in the software.

I am using the latest 2009 version, but only on the computer I am doing the work on. I have an older 2008 version on laptop that works normally. Is this an installation problem? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no change in results. I'm using Windows Vista.
User 166787 Photo

2 posts

Update:

I still had my 2008 installation file on my laptop and did a sneaker-net to the other system. I uninstalled the 2009 version and put on the older version...same problem.

Has anyone experienced this at all?

All the files and info I need are built and designed on this paticular computer and it would solve a lot of headaches to figure this one out.
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Its not a good idea to switch between the Code Editor and the Visual Editor as they use different code and it mucks things up. But you should be able to toggle between the Code Editor and Preview.

I suspect some friction with Vista. Maybe try it in Admin mode?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep, what Tassie says, and then if that don't work I would suggest you uninstall it, make sure the registry is cleaned of the program and then reinstall it again and see if it does it then. Sounds to me like something is getting in the way though as Tassie is suggesting. Try setting it in XP compatibility mode also if Admin mode doesn't work. Try turning off your security software for just a couple minutes to see if that's what is causing it. See if you can track down what might be causing it I guess is what we're saying and go from there.

Let us know if none of these things fixes it, good luck on it :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.