Can't install! - Post ID 107221

User 1960301 Photo

2 posts

At the end of the installation process I get this error message:
You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account.

There is only one account on this computer, still named administrator. I've rebooted and tried again three times.

I've held down the Shift key during installation.

Any suggestions?
User 427108 Photo

292 posts

Hi
It's Vista??
Try to go to Security Center and disable the User Account Control (I think is like this in english) and the try again,
Jimmy The Sailor
http://www.jimmythesailor.net (trying to show my photos)
http://www.art-i-batik.com (my wife's gallery)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Try turning off your firewall or security software while you're installing and see if that helps also. first try what Jimmy suggests if it's a Vista situation. In Windows Vista everything needs to be set manually to run as Administrator in order to do much on it to anything so that also could be the problem.
User 1960301 Photo

2 posts

Thanks for the quick replies!
It is Windows XP. All Firewalls and security features were disabled. Still the same message. :(
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would suggest you put in a ticket shawn. You'll get an answer from staff that way and a much quicker one from them than on the forums even though they are usually pretty quick even on here it's still faster there. I've no clue why it would give you that problem myself sorry.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is actually something that is being delivered by the operating system and not our software. I did a quick Google Search and found a few pages that may help you out:

http://www.google.com/search?q=You+do+n … =firefox-a
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

Sounds to me like it is having trouble writing to the registry. If this is the case, and other 'fixes' you try don't work, you might need to go through and reset permissions on the relevant software keys in the registry. As you might expect, this can be a bit of a mission. There is a great tool from Microsoft called subinacl which, among other things, resets registry permissions that have gone out of whack back to defaults. It is available from Microsoft if you wanted to go down that road.

Dave.
User 2055969 Photo

9 posts

shawn haley wrote:
At the end of the installation process I get this error message:
You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account.

There is only one account on this computer, still named administrator. I've rebooted and tried again three times.

I had the same problem on Vista and I was running as an administrator - even right clicking on the install file and "run as administrator" gave me the same error message as did trying to run it in XP compatibility mode. Then I remembered something ... if you have Windows Defender running it will prevent you from accessing certain system files. Turn it off and you should be good to go. I also had Zone Alarm running and I turned that off as well since it also had access rights protection for a lot of areas.

If you have Windows Defender running you should see a small little castle wall icon down on the lower right hand side of your screen (well, it's in that area by default if you haven't customized your desktop and moved the task bar to one of the sides or the top of the screen). Right click (using your right mouse button) on that icon and select "exit" from the little menu that pops up. It will warn you that you won't be protected from all manner of evil things but go ahead and disable it for your software install. Afterwards reboot your computer after your software has been installed and you will be good to go.

I've purchased most of the CoffeeCup software and the programs that I had the issue with your error message were:

The HTML Editor 2009 (Aug 24 2009 ver)
Website Color Schemer 4.0 (April 6 2009 ver)
Sitemapper 5.1 and 5.2 (Feb 9 2010 and Feb 16 2010 respectively)

After doing what was mentioned earlier I had no issues with the installs. I hope this helps someone else out.

Hugh

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.