BUG: I think? Color Schemer launched...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya,

I was messing around with a site setup today and I launched my CC Color Schemer from within the program. I'm assuming it's opening my external color schemer program? Not sure on that or if one is built into the editor?

Anyways, either way, when I try to get a color off the visual part of the site I'm working on within the HTML Editor, I can't do it. Every time I click the eye dropper it minimizes the HTML Editor and goes to the next window open on my taskbar. I tried to close the editor and reopen it and it still does it, tried it quite a few times by closing each of the other windows I had open until the editor was the only thing open, and then it just went to my desktop so I still couldn't get it to be active in the editor itself.

I then closed that color schemer window and opened the actual program externally and it worked fine then. Not sure what else to tell you so I'll give you the main info you ask for in the read this first thread that's pertinent and go from there. Let me know if you need more info on this. I'm ok with it as I can still use the schemer externally, just isn't as convenient as hitting the button right from the editor :P

1. URL to your Website - N/A
2. Operating system - Windows XP Pro SP3
3. Version of the application - HTML Editor build 303 (can't see any version number on it anywhere)
4. Trial or registered version - registered
5. What specific steps have you taken to create this issue? - outlined in paragraph above.
6. Does it occur every time? - yes
7. Can you recreate the issue on another computer? - sorry, no other computer to try it on.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Jo Ann

Because the built in Website Color Schemer is a part of the HTML Editor, it seems to minimize both applications when attempting to use the eye dropper. I will ask our programmers if this is something that can be tweaked.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Apparently it was not hard at all, and this issue has been fixed. Should have a new version of the editor out in the next few days.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Woot!! Thanks for such fast replies and fixes as usual :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The update is now live ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/html-ed … #post90858

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.