auto complete problems - Post ID 111273

User 1951751 Photo

3 posts

Hi
Every time i type in a tag and use auto complete function I get several things happening - not necessarily at the same time.

1) I get a repeat of the tags first letter. EG instead of textalign I get ttextalign and it never works past that. I have to then delete one of the T's and then put in the :; and once again work backwards.

2) I type in text and get the auto complete options listed which I either scroll down to the one I want or hit enter and I get for example text; then the cursor ends up somewhere else, if in css it ends up after the end }. The ending : is not present and I have to add it and then fill in what I want.

3) When i type in opening { it used to automatically add the ending }, but often it doesn't even put the opening one just the end one. Then it won't work. I have the same problem when not in css.

4) sometimes auto complete doesn't work at all.

I am using HTML editor build 305 (is this the latest version?)
I use Vista.
I didn't use to have this problem. Not sure when it started
Any help greatly appreciated.
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Actually, I have experienced the same problems. So I think it is just a bug. I would repost this as a support ticket to let the developers know. You can access your support tickets by going to the top of the page and click account > Support Ticket.

Good luck.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Paul

I could use some insight as to what type of tags you are using in #1, and what type of file it was. If you could provide me with a short chunk of HTML and place a | where the cursor is when you get the anomaly that would really help.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1951751 Photo

3 posts

Thanks ERic for your advice i have done that.

Scott
I tried to repeat #1 but it would not co-operate today. it is spasmodic.

I have checked the other problems in both HTML and CSS files. I checked it in an old CSS file that used to work and i get the same problems. I started a new page and had same problems. I used a "New from theme" file and still the same problems.

Here are some images
Hope this helps

01b.jpg
the cursor ended up after the closing " mark and left the selection box still there. The cursor used to end up between the " " 's and from memory there would be another box with options in it.

08.jpg
Shows the mess when i try to add a class in between the <style></style> tags before the </head> tag. In this instance after i typed "text" within the { } and hit enter it fills the -align automatically. The cursor ends up out site the curly brackets and the box stays open. I can then click on some of the other options and you can see what happens.

06.jpg
shows a close up after clicking on some options.

Attachments:
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I think this is the same kind of things I was reporting quite a while ago too Scott, where I would have the cursor in a spot and use the Tags tab to enter some code and it would jump a couple spaces which sometimes means it jumped over a character or 2 before it placed it. It does still do it, but just as Paul mentions it's not 100% of the time but it is quite often. I don't usually use the Tags tab due to this other than to get the code itself to put it in. Sounds exactly the same to me so it wasn't my computer after all! *smacks Scott again* :P
User 2058483 Photo

41 posts

This is not actually a response but a thank you to Eric and Scott. I am finding my way around the coffeecup software fairly easily now and find things are a lot less complicated when you use all the features of a program. I find Visual Editor handy to work in while in HTML Editor and I have been able to upload files to the correct folder since changing some of the settings.

I also have the chat permanently changed now so I don't have to change the code on each page of my site whenever I republish and have even managed to change the color on my flash search to a more acceptable hue at long last.

I apologize for my lack of patience with the software while I was having multiple problems. That's what I get for buying a bunch of software at the same time and trying to navigate all of them within the same week. At any rate, thanks again for all your help and good luck to the people who are encountering problems. I certainly can empathize.

Take care,

Sheila
TheWriteSolutionsNow.com
User 1951751 Photo

3 posts

Hey Jo Ann
Problem fixed. I had text wrap on by default. I changed that and problem seems to have been fixed.
SO make sure that you have wrap text switched off ad see how you go. Cross fingers.
Paul
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Paul,

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that, but I don't think that's really a fix as it shouldn't do that even with Wrap turned on. I will definitely try that though and see if it makes a difference. I would suggest you report this to CC in a Support Ticket if you haven't already as a bug in the program and hopefully it's something that can be addressed in a future update then. I'll also concur the results after I try it too :)

BTW I use word wrap all the time, I hate having to do things without it so hopefully this is fixable :/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.