Any prospect of a supported 64-bit...

User 515937 Photo

15 posts

Searching, I only found references to running the HTML Editor under Win 7 in the XP compatibility mode. Is there any imminent prospect of a supported 64-bit version? Thanks!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Honestly, I don't see us offering a 64-bit version anytime soon. However, many of our users are able to use the software with Windows 64-bit running in Windows XP Compatibility Mode. Follow these steps to set this up:

1. Right-click the program .exe file and select Properties .
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Select the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox and select Windows XP .
4. Click OK .
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I have not done that for any of the CC programs and they run just fine in Win 7 Home Premium.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 515937 Photo

15 posts

Thanks guys!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

I just checked my CC setups (as Scott describes) and NONE of them are set-up for compatibility mode. They ALL run just fine with Win7 64-bit. :D
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

32-bit programs should run fine on 64-bit operating systems, it is the other way around where problems start. Theoretically, there should be no compatibility issues at all running a 32-bit program on 64 bit architecture.

Dave.
User 2032430 Photo

6 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

1. Right-click the program .exe file and select Properties .
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Select the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox and select Windows XP .
4. Click OK .

Thanks for the tip Scott. You are awesome!
User 1973717 Photo

1 post

I got Runtime error 217 in windows 7 64bit. Everything is fine in xp compatibility mode.
User 2054992 Photo

1 post

I've followed the dual threads about running the HTML Editor in Windows 7 "compatibility mode," and I'm not sure that I grasp the final recommendation. Should those of us who are running 64-bit Windows 7 automatically run the HTML Editor in compatibility mode, or only do so if we run into problems? My concern, as a brand new user of the HTML Editor is that (a) I won't recognize a problem with the HTML editor that hasn't been there all along, or (b) I won't recognize a problem that's solely the result of incompatibility. What's your advice?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

I would recommend that you only switch to compatibility mode, if you have problems (whether you think they might be related or not). I know that there are several people who have been running in 64-bit, without compatibility mode on, and have had no problems.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.