The All New Breakpoint Mode ? - Post...

User 2699991 Photo

4,801 posts
Online Now

Hi Scott Just downloaded the latest version
In this update:
Included a handy new ‘breakpoints mode’ for defining styles on a specific breakpoint regardless of the slider position (more canvas space!)
https://s26.postimg.org/4jqbnv4yx/disable.png

Just to be clear and I do understand English (even though don't use it much nowadays except on this forum)

If I choose my lowest breakpoint (as the Breakpoint Mode shows) then move the slider to a larger size, (which is going to be one of the best improvements that you could have ever introduced Ever), the changes to styling etc, happen at that breakpoint, do the changes then happen as the breakpoints increase,(as per normal for styling editing etc) or if we use Breakpoint mode, do we then have to do the styling at each breakpoint using the Breakpoint Mode.

I could of course always just try it suck it and see so to speak.

Anyway I just wanted to say Great Job for that Improvement, especially for my old eyes which arn't as sharp as they used to be.

Keep bringing them on
Have a great day everybody whenever the next one is for wherever you are in the world.

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Thanks Wayan! Our developers put a lot of work into this new feature.

To answer your question, the Breakpoint Mode can be used to define styles for a specific media query, independent of the slider position. Disabling all breakpoints means the styles are not tied to any media query. This, for example, allows you to have more space in the working area while working on the default styles.

So yeah, give it a try and see how it works! That is always the best way to really test something out. ;-)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

My initial experiments suggest the following -

(a) That single breakpoint mode does exactly what would happen if one had moved the slider to that breakpoint and made a style change. That style change will usually apply to that breakpoint and all those to the right of it. I say 'usually' because there is an exception: if that particular style had been previously changed at one of the breakpoints at the right, that previous change remains unaltered.

(b) That single breakpoint mode is purely for convenience, particularly
(i) if the breakpoint in question is out of sight because it's covered by the right-hand panel, or
(ii) if one wants to get to a particular breakpoint quickly with ease and certainly.

(c) That disabling all breakpoints is the same as working at the leftmost breakpoint. This is a tremendous boon for me in that I have got used to 'Desktop down' rather than the 'Mobile first' workflow used by Foundation Framer.

(d) That there is therefore no difference between
(i) disabling all breakpoints and
(ii) choosing the lowest breakpoint in single breakpoint mode.

I look forward to learning any corrections necessary to these suggested initial findings.

Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,801 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
My initial experiments suggest the following -

(a) That single breakpoint mode does exactly what would happen if one had moved the slider to that breakpoint and made a style change. That style change will usually apply to that breakpoint and all those to the right of it. I say 'usually' because there is an exception: if that particular style had been previously changed at one of the breakpoints at the right, that previous change remains unaltered.

(b) That single breakpoint mode is purely for convenience, particularly
(i) if the breakpoint in question is out of sight because it's covered by the right-hand panel, or
(ii) if one wants to get to a particular breakpoint quickly with ease and certainly.

(c) That disabling all breakpoints is the same as working at the leftmost breakpoint. This is a tremendous boon for me in that I have got used to 'Desktop down' rather than the 'Mobile first' workflow used by Foundation Framer.

(d) That there is therefore no difference between
(i) disabling all breakpoints and
(ii) choosing the lowest breakpoint in single breakpoint mode.

I look forward to learning any corrections necessary to these suggested initial findings.

Frank

Yest there is

If you choose the lowest breakpoint in single breakpoint mode, you can then slide the adjuster to the right, which then expands the working canvas and makes selecting and seeing things a lot easier, the working canvas (for wanyt of a better word) remains at the particular breakpoint you selected in breakpoint mode.

This is particularly useful for me as I have got a few dropdown toggles on a nav row, the hidden containers all overlap each other at the lowest couple of breakpoints, ---- Now all I have to do is choose the lower breakpoint in breakpoint mode, then slide the slider to the right until I can clearly see all the containers side by side. and style away to my hearts content.

Brilliant is all I can say.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Thanks for that. This is indeed a brilliant feature of the latest RFF beta update, and takes away the difficulties otherwise experienced by me, and probably others, when using the Mobile First workflow that RFF requires..

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.