"My Sites" Data in Direct FTP - Post...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Kenneth Zuck wrote:
Thanks Scott. I knew there had to be a way. Now the problem is how to get it bec. I can read that partition on my drive, but I can't boot to that OS. Is there a way to run regedit on another drive partition other than the current OS?

--KZ

I am not too sure how to do that or if that can be done since REGEDIT looks at the active partition.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 130436 Photo

5 posts

OK, thanks. I ended up spending the time to re-create all of them. :(
I sure wish there was a way to back up those entries.

--KZ
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Well, you can back them up before the crash, but who thinks to do that? :) I buy my backup software/hardware after the fact. No better way to learn than the hard way. Anyway, after creating the FTP sites, export your data with what Scott provided previously:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CoffeeCup Software\Internet\Profiles

(Start > Run > REGEDIT > Enter > Browse to that key > Left click on it to highlight it > Registry > Export > Save to a location).

Have that file backed up elsewhere and you can import it back to the registry after restoring from a crash.
User 130436 Photo

5 posts

Perfect. Thanks

--KZ
User 150815 Photo

Trial User
11 posts

I store my info on floppy,zip,dvd and my wifes computer. I hav had this computer for 6 yrs and have everything possable on it. I also take it apart once a year test everything and clean. I is a big job but I dont want a new one too. My uncle in CA showed me how to do that stuff. H e ownes a computer in CA and sells to different countrys. But I still have trouble with html and uploading.

Good Luck

:lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.