What scripting must be supported? -...

User 465545 Photo

2 posts

I'm not a programmer and I'm trying to choose a web hosting service. They each support some scripting but not others, such as CGI, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, SSI and Perl. What scripting, if any, must be supported in order to properly display my website?

I'm using ver. 5.9. Thanks in advance!

:)
User 465545 Photo

2 posts

If anyone is curious: I just got a reply via e-mail. PHP 4.3 or later must be supported by the website hosting provider.

It took just 5 min. to get a reply from CoffeeCup tech support. Now that's service!

User 436416 Photo

87 posts

Socrates wrote:
I'm not a programmer and I'm trying to choose a web hosting service. They each support some scripting but not others, such as CGI, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, SSI and Perl. What scripting, if any, must be supported in order to properly display my website?

I'm using ver. 5.9. Thanks in advance!

Perhaps to clarify a little: if you are ONLY using VSD, you do NOT require any scripting support to display your web pages. However, if you plan to include features from, say, Flash Form, then PHP or ASP would be required.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.