VSD - Would prefer to FTP manually;...

User 458800 Photo

78 posts

Hi; I thought i'd toss another question out here.

Is there a way to make VSD just generate all of my HTML source files and build the website on one of my local drives so that I can use my own FTP program to publish it on my web server?

I'm really not liking the VSD "publish" or "update" feature very well. It won't connect to my server, yet I can use a web browser to log onto my /cpanel account and do file uploades manually.

And honestly, I'd be fine with just doing a manual update if the "publish" feature in VSD isn't always reliable.

Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here?

Thanks in advance!
Windows 11
Intel i9 (workstation) and i9 (laptop). Gobs of RAM and acres of SSD space on both machines.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

All you then need to do is click save. This generates everything you need. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 458800 Photo

78 posts

Hi, yes I figured that out with the help of another thread here.

Great; at least I can publish my site now while I try to figure out why VSD won't launch (my other thread). Thankfully it's ready with (I think) no mispellings, etc.
Windows 11
Intel i9 (workstation) and i9 (laptop). Gobs of RAM and acres of SSD space on both machines.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.