VSD won't open webpage!! HELP!! -...

User 341776 Photo

7 posts

I get an error when I try to open existing page in VSD. "VSD application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". It will open other "test" pages but not my webpage. How do I get it back? Please Help all of my work is in there and I don't want to lose it.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Need more info ;) What operating system do you have, are you running as administrator? Do you have firewall or anti-virus applications? The test pages you can open, what version was it created in?

Please give as much information as you can so we can try and help out.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 341776 Photo

7 posts

I am running as administrator in windows XP sp2. I do have Norton Internet Security which has anti virus and firewall. Both the test pages and web pages were created in the original VSD (dont know the version and I have since deleted it). The test pages opened fine in the old version and the new version 5.9 They were working fine this morning and I was playing with some transparent gifs and was uploading them to my website when I got the error. Now the test pages open fine, but the web pages (the ones I'm mostly worried about) give me an error message when I try to open them in VSD. I was using the original version when I got the error, so I downloaded the VSD 5.9 to see if that would help, but I get the same error. Is there anyway to recover?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Unfortunately once your vnu file is corrupted, there is no way to re-generate them. If you have Windows Restore, you maybe able to get the file from there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.