VSD "VSD has stopped working/windows...

User 199286 Photo

92 posts

Not sure if this will work in Vista or not....I am not currently running Vista...but you may be able to get VSD running okay by setting it's compatibility mode to XP if Vista allows that.

As I mentioned, I don't have Vista, so just a guess.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

I have the same problem.
I install VSD.
Open it, no problems.
Then reboot the computer, get the Error Message 'Visual Site Designer Application has stopped working'
Open View Problem Details. It reads:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: vsd.exe
Application Version: 5.9.0.0
Application Timestamp: 47fcd451
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd80
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 0001b09e
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b856
Additional Information 2: 28025d144a3c5d9aa9e414c09be7fc25
Additional Information 3: 6b78
Additional Information 4: a45fe8ee37ada56211ec56054420b6cf

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= … cid=0x0409

I then reinstall, it works, reboot, and the problem reappears.

It DOES work in Vista Ultimate by right clicking on the Visual Site Designer shortcut, and then selecting 'Run as administrator'.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Scooterman,

Try running VSD as administrator (not just logged in as administrator). Try a right-click on the application and look for the administrator.

I don't have Vista, so I don't know the specific steps.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

billr wrote:
Scooterman,

Try running VSD as administrator (not just logged in as administrator). Try a right-click on the application and look for the administrator.

I don't have Vista, so I don't know the specific steps.

Thanks Billr. I did edit my post above to include the 'Run as Administrator'

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I am using Vista Home Premium here and have no issues here. I am also *not* running as administrator. Could be that you have some 3rd party applications (spyware, anti-virus etc..) that could be causing a problem.

Can you check into that?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I would see the crash before I disabled UAC. Otherwise, I'd have to Run as Administrator. Even if the user is an "Administrator," it'll crash w/o choosing "Run As Administrator" from the right-click menu. I would've disabled UAC anyway from all the nagging prompts. If only Windows wouldn't leave the shield in the tray warning me it's disabled, all would be well. :P I must say though, I haven't tried with UAC enabled for months, in case any recent updates may have changed that issue.
User 18194 Photo

Ambassador
289 posts

I am running Vista ultimate 64. It crashed on me when I first brought it up. I was able to get it running by turning off the Data Execution Prevention for that program. Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Setting -> Performance -> Data Execution Prevention. Will be rebooting to see if it hold.. if so will post results.

Just rebooted and all seems to work.. Now I do have UAC turned off. But even with it off I had to disable DEP to run. This also worked for a non-administrator account.

See-ya
--Mitch
Long time CoffeeCup user, lover and ambasador !!
Mitchell Baker AMA 7548 GSWA WB251 10th AF USSMA 358
Webmaster Terre Haute R/C Club http://www.thrcc.org
US Scale Masters Director of Administration www.scalemasters.org
Proud member of the 1/8th Air Force http://www.oneeighthairforce.org

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.