VSD - font on site shows up different...

User 443556 Photo

6 posts

I have updated version - 5.8.5. I have 13 pages on my site - alot of photos. Could this be because I use so much memory for my photos? Anyways, the font is different, color is different. This only happened on the last page I made. It comes up in my saved files OK, but site is different. I used signature font and ms arial unicode.
Now I just switched fonts again and we'll see if that makes a difference....W.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Only certain fonts are safe for everyone to view the same. If a computer doesn't have the font you use on your site, then an alternate is chosen, which can throw off the look/formatting. Arial should be ok, but I'm not sure about "ms arial unicode".
Here's a page describing the web safe fonts:
http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html
The next upgrade in the works for VSD is supposed to help sites look more consistent between browsers, but that still won't help using less common fonts.
User 443556 Photo

6 posts

OK, so yes, I tried using the Arial. No change. I even used different colors for the font, to see if that made a difference and also tested using a plain background as opposed to a gradient - all made no difference. Now, one more thing - I am a real greenhorn, but I am only allowed 5Mb of space (I get it free with my email provider) but (tell me if I did this right) I went into the file with my website right in the Coffeecup program, and it shows only 76 Kb being used (I right clicked on the file and went into properties). I don't know what else to do. ?? :( W.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.