VSD current version registered,...

User 494443 Photo

3 posts

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can give me an advise on how to build a billingual website (english-spanish)?
The front page would have two flags for each language and once either one is clicked, it will be directed to the chosen language.
Do I just create the pages in English and then duplicate them in Spanish in the same website? Or what would be the best way to do it?
Thank you all for your help!

PS even though I edited my profile and have a user name for the forums, it shows my e-mail address when I post !?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Did you click on the update button when you edited your profile? It is near the bottom of the page, and you may have missed it.

Having your index or home page with the two flags and redirecting to the correct version of a page would be one way to do that, and would likely be the easiest. That will mean you will have two sets of pages.

Maybe someone else will have some input on using PHP or CSS to swap the languages.
User 494443 Photo

3 posts

Bill, thanks for replying to my post, I will try to do what you recomend and see how it works.
Regarding my nickname, I went back to my profile and sure thing, it was gone, so I make sure to apply the changes this time. Thanks!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.