VSD crashing all the time! - Post ID...

User 443556 Photo

6 posts

Help me please. I sent a request for help to the help people and they sent me something to try.
Here is what is happening. I have an 8 page website with lots of photos.
I am trying to add photos to some of the pages and the program tells me to reboot my computer - there is not enough memory.
I reinstalled the program and thought maybe I should just add another page. Same thing. Here is the error: "RUNTIME ERROR! This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact application support team for more information." So I did and they told me that it might be my photos are too high res. To resave the photos through ms paint. Did that and started a new page and got to about the fifth photo and same thing - shut down the program.
Do I have to redo all the photos already on the site? Or can you help me some other way?
I am running Windows XP. And the newest version of VSD.

Thanks.
Q.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Queeny,
I'm running XP SP2 and I have had no problems yet with Coffeecup.
However I did do a search for a runtime error, and you can read it here.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000380.htm
It does suggest to first attempt: restart comp, then using the ctrl+alt+delete to close down any running programs you may have running in the background. then try opening/using VSD. It also has other suggestions to. let us know please.

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts

A new version of VSD was released today...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I believe 5.8.2 had the memory issue, so be sure to upgrade like Inger said and you should be in good shape.
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

Wow, that is fast! :)

A new version, 5. 8 .4 was released 2/26/08, and an even newer version 5. 8. 5 was released today, 2/28/08.

CoffeeCup is great!
User 443556 Photo

6 posts

Thanks all of you for your help.
Q.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.