VSD- An error occured during...

User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Been running VSD for about five months with very few problems...until now.
Versions 5.9 and 5.94 have been giving me headaches.
Occasionally after multiple attempts my updates will upload just fine but lately it's been impossible to upload.
VSD usually hangs while uploading IMG files and then I get the dreaded "an error occured" message.
I go to my site www.catalinathirty.com and find images on the wrong pages, in the wrong spaces if they are on the page where they should be or no pics at all - wtf is going on???
I've tried re-syncing, dumping all the files on my server, renaming my .gif and .jpegs all to no avail.
Any ideas?
I used to love this software!
Our personal site www.grandbanks42.com
User 417036 Photo

10 posts

i have the same problem. I noticed you havent had a response in like a week, any chance you've figured it out? Before I would just delete everything and resave/upload, but that is not working anymore

c
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

CL, see my post to Sharon down near the bottom of this link!http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/our-design-software/vsd-594-images-have-disappeared-help/
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

CL, I would also suggest you start your own thread on this.
Maybe if we make enough noise CC will wake up and fix VSD.
User 474288 Photo

15 posts

I'm having the same problem with VSD version 5.9.4. When I upload my website, it hangs, then the dreaded error message comes up. When I check my website, the text is there but the images are not.
User 448721 Photo

6 posts

I found an ftp.log that shows what caused the error. cant say why the jpg caused an error. At least I can upload the page from there. Hope that helps as a workaround.

Edit while uploading the site one file caused an error in Total commander. i siply skipped it so it seems VSD generates some bad jpeg.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.