VSD - am getting unwanted 'white'...

User 394140 Photo

57 posts

I inserted an image with brown backround onto VSD page with same brown backround but I'm getting a whitish line around image which I don't want as I'm trying to get the look of a transparent gif. (it's an image on an object) It shows up in VSD and in the preview - but perhaps it will disappear when uploaded?

Any ideas of how to get rid of this?
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Karin, this isn't any help,but I ran across the same problem and what I eneded up doing was trying a differentImage editor, like photoshop, gimp, or Xara, I think the Xara fixed it for me, maybe could try a different one yourself. just throwing 2 cents+tax in lol

User 394140 Photo

57 posts

I will try re-cropping although ODDLY enough, some images get it and others don't. All images done in photoshop and all saved the same at equal dpi and all about the same size.

hmmmm.......

ps. dopey me, I actually went to the photoshop help files to see HOW to "lace" images before realizing that you probably meant "place" them.

ps, Also, I used the exact pixel dimensions in VSD as I had saved the pics in photoshop. I'll let you know how it turns out once I have a chance to fiddle.

edited again: okay, I put in the images again several times; trying them cropped by one-two pixels larger and then again, smaller. The line persists.
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

Also make sure there is no "Matte" color selected. This may be set to white, but it should be set to nothing.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.