VSD: Adding a drop down box &...

User 132454 Photo

5 posts

Is there a way of adding a drop down box to a webpage in VSD?

Here's what I need to accomplish: I have a database of approximately 800 products and they are each sorted into one of 8 categories. I would like add a drop down box so people can choose which type of product they want and it will take them to the page with the list of available products? I tried the flash form builder and it does everything but let me link to a database. I'm trying to get this to the point that when my sister in law sends me an updated database, all I have to do is upload the new database & the site will update itself.

If this is too much for VSD to handle, is there another coffee cup product that will help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way!

Amy
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts

CoffeeCup has a maintenance team helping make sure your question has been answered and your are satisfied. We have noticed that this topic has been around for quite some time without being answered. Has your question been answered in another manner, or do you still need assistance?

We will leave topic open for a short period, if we don't see any activity in here, we will assume that you have been helped, and topic will be closed.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 132454 Photo

5 posts

No my problem has not been solved and no one has contacted me offline about how to get around it. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts

Have you got the latest version of the CC formbuilder? With version 7.6 it is indeed possible to link to a database. But I'm not sure if the Formbuilder would be the right tool for you in this case...

I'll see if I can get someone with more knowledge of this to take a look at your problem...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Hi Amy

I think what you're looking for to achieve that is a little php code - unfortunately you cant fetch data with just HTML

Formbuilder will let you put data in a database (via it's built in php script) but it dont include a script for getting it out again :(

You can use the HTML editor to write php with - but it don't have any built in functions for fetching data...

Sorry Amy - what you're trying to achieve is a bit beyond CC html based stuff :| research fetching data with php and mySQL ;)
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.