VSD - Added second FTP connection and...

User 409342 Photo

25 posts

Y'all,

I created a second site (domain) today and had it hosted on the same server as my first site. All the credentials (host, user name, password) are the same except for the www folder. Using the Direct FTP program, I tested the login for the new domain and everything worked fine.

I created the new page in VSD and added the second profile for the connection by going to: Settings-> FTP Settings and then changed the WWW folder to the new domain. I then saved the profile with a new name. I now have two profiles with the host, username and password, but different web sites.

However, when I attempt to upload the either web site, or, if I try to test the connection, I get a message that the login fails.

I deleted the conenction I added and tried to test the original site and the login fails.

The log I get is:

220 ProFTPD 1.3.1 Server (DreamHost FTP)
331 Password required for user
530 Login incorrect

I went and deleted both profiles and re-entered the original and tried out the original and it fails on login. I know the account and passwords are correct because I can get in via direct FTP.

What can I do to correct this?

Thanks,

Cal
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

I have several servers set up in my VSD, and they all work...

Have you tried again later, just in case the host server was down for maintenance or something?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 409342 Photo

25 posts

Yes, I've tried more than once, but that's not the issue. I'll have VSD and direct FTP running at the same time. Direct FTP will work and VSD won't.

After playing around some more it appears that if I look at the drop down menu on the upload button at the top of VSD, it isn't in synch with whatever I set up under the settings button.

Seems like there's something going on there I need to figure out.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What version of VSD are you using?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.