VSD 5.9.4 - Won't overwrite older...

User 451891 Photo

22 posts

You guys get this fixed yet ?? VSD should overwrite files that you've changed when you do a save. The older versions did ... What did you change ??
TheSeif
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I am not aware of any issues with what you are describing. Nothing changed in regards to the saving, only the uploading.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

It does work, for me anyway. I just had to delete the export folder VSD creates one time (ex. whatever_website) after the upgrade and it's been fine since.
User 451891 Photo

22 posts

OK, here is the problem I had .... I upgrade from 5.8 to 5.9.1 ... The bulk of my site was done in 5.8 and uploaded with VSD's built-in FTP ... No problems except that it takes about 20 Min's, but I did have a lot of content. to make uploading a bit quicker I bought the CC FTP program and it works fine so I haven't tried to use the FTP in VSD 5.9.1. But yesterday I made some changes to the text on my front page (index.html ... thats the one I need for my host) And as stated in this thread by devek although I saved before closing VSD when I upload just that page the changes where not there, Upon checking the file in my "whatever_website" folder I found that indeed VSD did not save the changes. So I deleted that index.html and opened VSD and saved again , checked the file again with VSD still open and it was the same old version with the same old date ... OK, so I'm not sure how that happened. I then renamed the whole "whatever_website" folder and did another save which created another "whatever_website" folder and this time it seems that the index.html was created with the text changes in place. I'm hoping that all will be well from now on. As devek said this only seems to happen with the index.html and then only with text changes. I have made both text and image changes to some of the other pages and VSD seems to save them OK.
OK Scott, so we have a work around for this particular problem but that doesn't change the fact that VSD 5.9.1 and 4 is not working correctly and as the professional that you are you understand that's not a good thing. We as your customers appreciate being able to get upgraded versions of your software included in the price and is in fact one of the main reasons we decide to buy it. It is nice to get added features and to be able to do more with the software, but I'm afraid we're hard to get along with Scott, we actually expect all of the features of the older versions to still work in the newer versions. As a user yourself you must know how frustrating it is when we run into these things and it unnecessarily takes hours of our time to get the problems ironed out and it was something that has been working all along.
Sorry Scott, just venting a little, I'm sure you understand our frustration and I'm sure you guys will get the problems ironed out in due time.
TheSeif

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.