VSD 5.9.4 upload problems - Post ID 6512

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I know there were some early upload issues with earlier releases that have been resolved. I am having some problems with the add flash tool. I click the tool, click the area on the page where the flash is to appear, click on the proper file to insert, and everything appears OK. However, upon upload different things are happening. Sometimes, some of the required files are missing so the site does not display properly.

I have a large .flv file that I have been unable to upload through VSD. Using the flash tool, i insert the video. It actually uploads, but then I get an error message stating there was an upload error. I can then go to remove files, remove the .flv file, which allows the associated files to upload, and all is well. I have tried this at least 10 times.

I have made changes within one of the flash programs. When VSD goes to upload it detects the changes and says it will update the site accordingly. But files are missing and the site doesn't display properly.

Is anyone else have similar issues? I am running WinXP. Thanks
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

was the flash made with Coffeecups programs? does it have an xml file it asks for? when using the flash toll t requires you to make a box the size(roughly) of the video, has that been done?
if you sure about the position of the flash, a secondary step could be to use the html tool, copy the html code for your flash project, and use an external ftp like Coffeecup's free Ftp, Direct ftp, or Filezilla to upload the .flv file. once that is done save your VSD project and upload normally see if it stops. A link to the problem site would be appreciated to.

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

Yes the flash was made with CC Programs, and I made the box, etc.

Using the external program to upload is exactly what I have had to do, only inserting the html in VSD. It does not matter if you upload the .flv file in advance. In this version of VSD, a log is apparently kept within VSD. Since it does not show the upload of the .flv file, it tries to upload it again. The only way around it is to remove the .flv file from the upload (under settings, remove files). I like the concept of using the flash tool within VSD, but it seems to be a bit flakey at the moment.

You asked about a link to the site, but it would make no difference. All is well on the site. I have just had to use workarounds since I had a problem within VSD.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

well what I did was copy the code, add the flash file, save it, then remove it with the remove files, the flash already being uploaded externally so then when I uploaded thru VSD it just asked if I wanted to upload anyway I clicked yes, and it worked. sorry it didn't for you.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.