VSD 5.9.4 - Images have disappeared?...

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Your Welcome Sharon

User 448695 Photo

88 posts

The same problems again.

I really don't have time to sit and stare at the computer screen waiting for the error so that I can go into my files and delete the ones causing problems. It would be great if VSD would recognize which file was causing the problem.
ie. It could give a message like "There was an error uploading IMG_593".
I hate to say it but I think I'll have to find another program. It's a shame because I really like the software but this error with uploading is driving me crazy.

Perhaps there could be a list of preferred computer settings for successful uploading as it seems that some people have no problems and others have non stop problems.

Are there any advisors who could put that list together?
Bumpy Buns
Specializing in Australian Modern Cloth Nappies
www.bumpybuns.com.au
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Sharon, you shouldn't have any errors unless you moved the image from it's original location, the name has changed, but the error should be can't find so-so image, as it is, try renaming that img to a single word and see if that helps, or making it smaller, try the resync when moving objects and images not the upload. Is it always the same image?

User 406238 Photo

199 posts

I feel for you Sharon!
I just deleted my entire website because of similar issues and I'm starting a complete site rebuild(www.catalinathirty.com)
To say that I'm disapointed in the recent versions of VSD would be a gross understatement.
It seems as though CC is not doing thorough testing before releasing "updates" to the software.
Additionally they appear do depend on kind-hearted, advanced users of the software to be the support system for the products they offer.
As you are already aware, the good folks who have offered assistance on this forum offer better support than CC.
I couldn't understand why customer support had not yet replied to an email I had sent early yesterday afternoon.
I then found that the offices close at 5pm eastern time...EASTERN TIME???
That means that we here on the west coast of North America (not to mention much of the rest of the planet) won't get any customer service after 2pm!
If these guys really want to live up to the claims they make of great customer support on a world level they should really re-think this situation.
I'm assuming that VSD is aimed at beginner site designers like myself.
If that's true I would also assume that many of the sites built with VSD would be for personal vs. business use which means that logically, most work would be done on these sites evenings and weekends.
If CC is monitoring this I hope they they pay attention, VSD has the potential to be a world beater if they can iron out the wrinkles!
Phew, nothing like a good rant first thing in the morning ;-)
Our personal site www.grandbanks42.com
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Boyd , it was good with a touch of class that rant and also very afreeable.
When I first updated to 5.9.4 I had to completely remove the old files , then resync and rehunt the files needed down. twas a pain truely and I only had 3 pages and looked up 3 images, I feel for you and Sharon, both great sites, but we are running the samething ( XP ) and I haven't had any problems since. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful to you and I'm sure The head Honchos will get to you on Monday.

User 451891 Photo

22 posts

Hmmmmm! I was going to switch to 5.9.4 as I am now running 5.9.1 with few problems. After reading this I think I'll hold off until we get something official on what's happening to you folks.
What is the difference between .1 and .4 anyway ??
TheSeif
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Seif,
Connection was the biggest problem, then transparencies and mouseovers would not work, what are you running? You know you could if you wanted to install VSD seperate from 5.9.1 and try building something quick and simple, then in the www slot name it "test" like this /test and with your settings set upload to see if it will work, just don't open your website with the new version, and dont install over the older one also.

User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

So, as far as the discussion goes, the missing files only seem to be happening to image files? I guess I'm going to have to add some more images to my site for testing.
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

In my case the text appears to be uploading without problem.
VSD is "hanging" on image uploads, and not always the same image.
I'm trying to rebuild my site from ground zero and I'm still encountering problems.
Every time I get the same "A problem has occured during upload" message.
BTW, I just got an email supposedly from CC support requesting I give them remote access to my system through www.logmein.com.
Is this legit or is somebody phishing?
Our personal site www.grandbanks42.com
User 451891 Photo

22 posts

bgodfrey@telus.net wrote:
In my case the text appears to be uploading without problem.
VSD is "hanging" on image uploads, and not always the same image.
I'm trying to rebuild my site from ground zero and I'm still encountering problems.
Every time I get the same "A problem has occured during upload" message.
BTW, I just got an email supposedly from CC support requesting I give them remote access to my system through www.logmein.com.
Is this legit or is somebody phishing?

I don't think CC techs work on weekends so it could be a phish ... I'd wait until tomorrow and call the toll free number.
TheSeif

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.