VSD (5.9.1) - Link creation buglette...

User 436416 Photo

87 posts

Consider the sentence "securing all paperwork" in a text box. Make the word "all" into italics. Then make this sentence into a hyperlink. The resulting code is:

for <a target="_blank" href="files/Download/security_mascot.jpg">securing </a></span><span class="textstyle4"><a target="_blank" href="files/Download/security_mascot.jpg">all</a></span><span class="textstyle0"><a target="_blank" href="files/Download/security_mascot.jpg"> paperwork</a>

i.e., it is broken into three separate "word links" (where the space between each word is not underlined).

Not a desireable result.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I just tried here and it seemed to work fine. Visually and functionally it worked. Using 5.9.2

No matter what visual editor you use, there will always be some extra html code. Very hard to eliminate that.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 436416 Photo

87 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
I just tried here and it seemed to work fine. Visually and functionally it worked. Using 5.9.2

No matter what visual editor you use, there will always be some extra html code. Very hard to eliminate that.

Sorry, let me be a little more specific - add the following to the header section:

<style type="text/css">
A:link {text-decoration: none;}
A:visited {text-decoration: none;}
A:active {text-decoration: none;}
A:hover {text-decoration: underline overline;}
</style>

This is so that my hyperlinks are not originally underlined. Tested this in 5.9.2 too and shows the same symptom.

I think it is the A:hover causing the parser to become "inefficient".

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.