Viusal Site Designer 5.9.3 not...

User 463550 Photo

3 posts

I upgraded to the VSD 5.9.3 and now I'm having problems with the program. When I try to create links to the webpages, the list of pages comes up but when I choose a certain page a different page is chosen by the program. Also, when I'm typing in a text box it seems OK until I try to go to the top of what I'm typing to add text and then I am not allowed to type to the end of the text box. After I type a couple of words the letters jump to the next line or they jump to somewhere in the text that is already typed.

I could kick myself for deleting the old VSD that I had been using. It worked fine. Is there anyway to download the older version and get rid of the one that's giving me headaches?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts

I have just tested what you wrote, and I was able to insert the link for the page I chose, and I was also able to type something into a text box in front of what I had already written, without the letters being scattered about.

I'm using the latest VSD on Vista.

Could you perhaps explain the exact steps you took when you had the problem?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts

BTW, if you contact CC support, I'm sure they will let you have access to an older version of VSD, but I would recommend trying to identify and sort out the problems you are having with the 5.9.3 before 'downgrading'.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 266609 Photo

18 posts

Also using 5.9.3

I've had no problems with the links unless the target is changed after the page is selected. Then it reverts to the front page. Every version of VSD I've used so far has done this.

I have the typing issue too, but only when editing a multi-line text, and only with the letter "a" which jumps to the next line when typed. It's a real pain so for the moment I'm editing text in Word then pasting it back into the text box.
User 463550 Photo

3 posts

Carlo,

I didn't notice it before, but it is only when I type an "a" that the letter jumps to the next line or to some random place in the paragraph below. It's truly aggravating.

Inger,

I contacted CS and took steps to see if the problems could be corrected. The link problem is fixed. The problem with typing is not. Carlo made me realize that typing an "a" is when the letter or words jump. Each time I hit the a key it jumps to another line. Very odd.

I'm using VSD 5.9.3 on Windows XP. I had absolutely no problems with the older versions of VSD. All I did was download the update, open the website to add some things to it, and the problems started.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This issue is confirmed and we will have a fix for this first this tomorrow. Thanks everyone for helping us track this down.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 451118 Photo

57 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
This issue is confirmed and we will have a fix for this first this tomorrow. Thanks everyone for helping us track this down.

I'm still having the problem with the letter A not working on multi-line text. Annoying.

Otherwise I have had GREAT experiences with this version and with VSD overall.

What is with that letter a?!
windy

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.